Thank you again for joining us this weekend for the GreenBuilt Home Tour on Saturday, July 28 and Sunday, July 29 between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM! Please read these important reminders about your registration and ticket:
- Please print your EventBrite PDF ticket OR be able to access your ticket on your phone. This will help our registration volunteers check you in quickly at each home. If you haven’t yet purchased a ticket, you can do that online here OR you can register at the door of the first home you decide to visit.
- Each ticket admits 2 guests (additional guests under 18 are free).
- Passport Ticket: If you’ve purchased the “Passport” ticket, you may use this ticket to get into all of the homes on both July 28 and July 29. Passport ticket holders will receive one wristband per passport at the first home they visit. Passport ticket holders can show their wristband at each home they visit from there instead of their ticket.
- Single Home Ticket: The “Single Home Visit” ticket is available to purchase on-site, and you may use this ticket to get into the individual home you purchased on July 28 and July 29. Please note that in order to avoid passing along increased ticket fees to attendees, single home tickets will only be available for purchase at the door during the tour weekend.
- Please sign-in at each home you visit on the tour. This helps us determine the total number of visits at each home and helps us plan for next year.
- Pick up a tour brochure at your first stop. The brochure contains information about the tour and addresses for all of the homes.
- Tours will begin at each home on a rolling basis. If you arrive at a home just after a tour has begun, the volunteer will offer you the option to join the group OR give you an approximate time until the next tour will begin.
- Don’t forget to follow our GreenBuilt Home Tour page on Facebook for more great information throughout the weekend and during the rest of the year!
Quick links to help your trip!
- View a full list of all homes on the tour (see below)
- View the Google map of all homes
- View the profile pages for each home
- View more about the third-party verified green home programs featured on the tour.
- Learn more about builders and products featured in the Green Pro Directory!
2018 Tour Site List
1. California Echoes House, 829 Riedy Rd., Lisle, IL
2. Das Haus, 630 Green Bay Rd., Highland Park, IL
3. District House, 702 Lake St., Oak Park, IL
4. Ellis Passivhaus, 5485 S. Ellis Ave., Chicago, IL
5. Evanston’s 1st LEED Platinum Home, 1426 Mulford St., Evanston, IL
6. Family Smart Dwelling, 4827 Washington St., Downers Grove, IL
7. Historically Green, 5256 Carpenter St., Downers Grove, IL
8. Modern Solar Lake House, 60 Lake Zurich Dr., Lake Zurich, IL
9. Modern Victorian, 2009 W. 56th St., La Grange Highlands, IL
10. Modular Prefab Modern Farmhouse, 634 N. Taylor St., Oak Park, IL
11. Net-Zero Passive Country House, 5644 S. Iowa Dr., Pembroke Township, IL
12. STEAM Design Studio, 8628 S. Marquette Ave., Chicago, IL
13. Swainson’s House at Serosun Farms, 45W588 N. Serosun Farms Ln., Hampshire, IL
14. The Bold and Beautiful Brainard, 835 S. Brainard Ave., La Grange, IL
15. 61st and Ellis Homes, 6112 S. Ellis Ave., Chicago, IL
- Family Smart Dwelling – On Saturday, 7/28 at 2 PM the street where the home is located will be closing for a block party event. Please park in the Washington Park parking lot located two houses away and walk to the home from there.
- Historically Green – Parking is only available on one side of the street near the home.
- 61st and Ellis Homes – Parking near the home is restricted to residential permit holders, please park on side streets nearby.
- Das Haus – There is no parking available on Greenbay Road, please park on side streets nearby. On Saturday, 7/28 around 3 PM roads may be busy due to Ravinia traffic.
- Ellis Passivhaus – Street work taking place near the home, please review posted signs to avoid restrictions.
- Illinois Green Alliance Energy Efficiency Ambassadors will be on site in many of the homes. Learn more about what you can do at your own home to manage energy and find savings.
- Social Media: During the tour tag Illinois Green Alliance and GreenBuilt Home Tour on social media via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and use the hashtag #GBHT2018. Please share your photos, selfies and what you’ve learned!
- Feedback: After the tour we will be sending out a survey – we’d love your feedback! Make note of what you like best and what you’d like to see in the future.
Thank you again and enjoy your weekend learning about these awesome green homes in the Chicago region!