Thank you again for joining us this weekend for the GreenBuilt Home Tour on Saturday, July 23 and Sunday, July 24 between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM! Please read these important reminders about your registration:
- Please print your PDF ticket or be able to access your ticket on your phone. This will help our registration volunteers check you in quickly at each home.
- Each ticket admits 2 guests (additional guests under 18 are free).
- If you’ve purchased the “Passport” ticket, you may use this ticket to get into all of the homes on both July 23 and July 24. Passport ticket holders should get one wristband per passport at the first home they visit. Passport ticket holders can show their wristband at each home they visit from there instead of their ticket, but please make sure you still sign-in at each home so we can determine the total number of visits to each home.
- If you’ve purchased the “Single Home Visit” ticket, you may use this ticket to get into the individual home you purchased on July 23 and July 24.
- Please sign-in at each home you visit on the tour. This helps us determine the total number of visits at each home and helps us plan for next year.
- Tours will begin at each home on a rolling basis. If you arrive at a home just after a tour has begun, the volunteer will offer you the option to join the group OR give you an approximate time until the next tour will begin.
- Pick up a tour brochure at your first stop. The brochure contains information about the tour and addresses for all of the homes.
Quick links to help your trip!
- View a full list of all homes on the tour.
- View list of bonus stops on the tour.
- View a google map of all homes on the tour.
- View the profile pages for each home.
- View more about third-party green home programs.
Learn more about each builder/architect/designer/rater/product supplier in the Green Pro Directory!
2016 Tour Site List
- Bloom on Marquette Road, 1361 E Marquette Rd, Chicago, IL 60637
- Charles Heppner Artist Studio, 8628 S Marquette Ave, Chicago, IL 60617
- Flexhouse, 33160 N Cove Rd, Wildwood, IL 60030
- Greystone Ridge of Orland Park, 13889 Creek Crossing Dr, Orland Park, IL 60467 (See important notes below to map out your route to this home)
- High-Performance Four Square, 630 W Hinsdale Ave, Hinsdale, IL 60521
- Pembroke Country Net-Zero House, 5644 S. Iowa Dr., Pembroke Township, IL 60958
- +Plus House, 1627 S Newberry Ave, Chicago, IL 60608
- SmartHaus Libertyville, 215 Douglas Ave, Libertyville, IL 60048 (See important notes below to map out your route to this home)
- Eco-Smart Blue House in Lisle, 1001 Division St, Lisle, IL 60532
- Swainson’s House at Serosun Farms, 45W489 Berner Rd., Hampshire, IL 60140
- BrightLeaf Eco 3, 816 S 8th Ave, La Grange, IL 60525
- Zoetic 500, 2017 Skyelar Ct, Highland Park, IL 60035
- View special bonus stops on the tour to learn more about what you can do in your own home!
- Both Greystone Ridge of Orland Park and SmartHaus Libertyville were built with new addresses that Google maps has not yet registered. Please follow the instructions below for how to reach these homes.
- Greystone Ridge of Orland Park – This home is in a new development on a continuation of Creek Crossing Drive just NORTH of 139th The new development does not show up on Google Maps. If driving WEST on 139th Street, you will take a right turn onto Creek Crossing Drive. If driving EAST on 139th Street, you will take a LEFT on Creek Crossing Drive.
- SmartHaus Libertyville – Enter the address 305 W. Maple, Libertyville 60048 and this will take you to the location of the home. The home is on the corner of Maple and Douglas, now a home with two units 215 Douglas and 305 W Maple.
- During the tour tag USGBC-Illinois and GreenBuilt Home Tour on social media via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and use the hashtag #GBHT2016. Please share your photos and what you’ve learned on the tour!
- After the tour we will be sending out a survey – we’d love your feedback! Make note of what you like best and what you’d like to see in the future. More information about prizes for filling out the survey coming soon!
- Unfortunately, Logan Square Quiet Comfortable Rehab was unable to continue as a participant in this year’s GreenBuilt Home Tour, but we hope they can join us for a future tour. Please check your tour route to make sure this home is no longer included, but be sure to check out the 12 other great homes on the tour!
Thank you again and enjoy your weekend learning about these awesome green homes!