Thank you again for joining us this weekend for the GreenBuilt Home Tour on Saturday, July 22 and Sunday, July 23 between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM! Please read these important reminders about your registration and ticket:
- Please print your EventBrite PDF ticket OR be able to access your ticket on your phone. This will help our registration volunteers check you in quickly at each home. If you haven’t yet purchased a ticket, you can do that online here OR you can register at the door of the first home you decide to visit.
- Each ticket admits 2 guests (additional guests under 18 are free).
- Passport Ticket: If you’ve purchased the “Passport” ticket, you may use this ticket to get into all of the homes on both July 22 and July 23. Passport ticket holders will receive one wristband per passport at the first home they visit. Passport ticket holders can show their wristband at each home they visit from there instead of their ticket.
- Single Home Ticket: If you’ve purchased the “Single Home Visit” ticket, you may use this ticket to get into the individual home you purchased on July 22 and July 23.
- Please sign-in at each home you visit on the tour. This helps us determine the total number of visits at each home and helps us plan for next year
- Pick up a tour brochure at your first stop. The brochure contains information about the tour and addresses for all of the homes.
- Tours will begin at each home on a rolling basis. If you arrive at a home just after a tour has begun, the volunteer will offer you the option to join the group OR give you an approximate time until the next tour will begin.
- Don’t forget to follow our GreenBuilt Home Tour page on Facebook for more great information throughout the weekend and during the rest of the year!
Quick links to help your trip!
- View a full list of all homes on the tour.
- View the google map of all homes.
- View the profile pages for each home.
- View more about the third-party verified green home programs featured on the tour.
- Learn more about builders and products featured in the Green Pro Directory!
2017 Tour Site List
- Acorn Glade Passive House, 4737 Puffer Rd, Downers Grove, IL 60515 (see parking notes)
- All Electric Riverfront Eco Home, 2557 W Pensacola Ave, Chicago, IL 60618 (see parking notes)
- BrightLeaf Eco 3, 1114 Stone Ave, La Grange, IL 60525
- Charles Heppner Artist Studio, 8628 S Marquette Ave, Chicago, IL 60617
- Commuter’s Craftsman, 1908 Hitchcock Ave, Downers Grove, IL 60515
- Ellis Passivhaus, 5485 S. Ellis Ave., Chicago, IL 60615
- Evanston’s First LEED Home, 1426 Mulford St, Evanston, IL 60202
- +Plus House, 919 W Cullerton St, Chicago, IL 60608
- Swainson’s House at Serosun Farms, 45W489 Berner Rd., Hampshire, IL 60140
- West Town GreenStar Retrofit, 2219 W Cortez St, Chicago, Il 60622
- BONUS STOP: Rebuilding Exchange, 1740 W. Webster, Chicago, IL 60614
- Acorn Glade in Downers Grove is located on a dead end street. Please park at Henry Puffer School and cross the soccer field if possible.
- All Electric Riverfront in Chicago is located on a dead end street. Parking available, but you may need to circle back and park a block away.
- USGBC-Illinois’ Energy Efficiency Ambassadors will be on site in many of the homes wearing BLUE volunteer shirts. Learn more about what you can do at your own home to manage energy and find savings.
- Social Media: During the tour tag USGBC-Illinois and GreenBuilt Home Tour on social media via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and use the hashtag #GBHT2017. Please share your photos, selfies and what you’ve learned!
- Feedback: After the tour we will be sending out a survey – we’d love your feedback! Make note of what you like best and what you’d like to see in the future.
- Just as a reminder, unfortunately, the Net-Zero Passive Country House in Pembroke Township is no longer able to participate on the tour. Please do not stop at this home during the tour this year.
Thank you again and enjoy your weekend learning about these awesome green homes in the Chicago region!