Thank you again for joining us this weekend for the GreenBuilt Home Tour on Saturday, August 3 and Sunday, August 4 between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM! Please read these important reminders about your registration and ticket, special parking/driving instructions, and featured tour sites below:
- Please print your EventBrite PDF ticket OR be able to access your ticket on your phone. This will help our registration volunteers check you in quickly at each home. If you haven’t yet purchased a ticket, you can do that online here OR you can register at the door of the first home you decide to visit.
- Each ticket admits 2 guests (additional guests under 18 are free).
- Passport Ticket: If you’ve purchased the “Passport” ticket, you may use this ticket to get into all of the homes on both August 3 and August 4 (Please note that the homes featured on the Green Renovation track are open to be toured on Saturday ONLY). Passport ticket holders will receive one button or wristband per passport at the first home they visit. Passport ticket holders can show their button or wristband at each home they visit from there instead of their ticket.
- Single Home Ticket: The “Single Home Visit” ticket is available to purchase on-site, and you may use this ticket to get into the individual home you purchased on August 3 and August 4. Please note that in order to avoid passing along increased ticket fees to attendees, single home tickets will only be available for purchase at the door during the tour weekend.
- Please sign-in at each home you visit on the tour. This helps us determine the total number of visits at each home and helps us plan for next year.
- Pick up a tour brochure at your first stop. The brochure contains information about the tour and addresses for all of the homes.
- Tours will begin at each home on a rolling basis. If you arrive at a home just after a tour has begun, the volunteer will offer you the option to join the group OR give you an approximate time until the next tour will begin.
- Don’t forget to follow our GreenBuilt Home Tour page on Facebook for more great information throughout the weekend and during the rest of the year!
Quick links to help your trip!
- View a full list of all homes on the tour (see below)
- View the Google map of all homes
- View the profile pages for each home
- View more about the third-party verified green home programs featured on the tour.
- Learn more about builders and products featured in the Green Pro Directory!
2019 Tour Site List
Certified Green Homes (Visit these homes on Saturday & Sunday from 10 AM – 4 PM):
- Bold Farmhouse Meets Sustainable Design, 68 7th Ave, La Grange, IL 60525
- Casa Sol Levita, 6621 149th Ave, Lowell, IN 46356 (Special Driving Instructions Below)
- Dorchester Row, 6456 S Dorchester Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637
- Eco Farmhouse, 5435 Fairhaven Ct, Downers Grove, IL 60515 (Special Parking Instructions Below)
- Lake Bluff Passive House, 142 E. Woodland Road, Lake Bluff, IL 60044
- Lakeview Passive House, 1133 W George St, Chicago, IL 60657
- Modern Victorian, 2009 W. 56th St., LaGrange Highlands, IL 60525
- Swainson’s House, 45W588 North Serosun Farms Lane, Hampshire, IL 60140
- The Building, 1533 W Superior St, Chicago, IL 60642
- The Parker IV Eco-Smart Home, 26013 Stewart Ridge Dr, Plainfield, IL 60585
- Wildwood Passive Power Model, 21215 Rosewood Dr, Marengo, IL 60152 (Special Opportunity Below)
Green Renovation Homes (Visit these homes on Saturday ONLY from 10 AM – 4 PM):
- Energy Engineer’s Home, 2619 N. Central Park Ave., Chicago, IL 60647
- Lincoln Park Upcycled Residence, 2120 N. Bissell St., Chicago, IL 60614
- North Lawndale Deep Energy Retrofit, 3141 W. 15th St., Chicago, IL 60623
- Prairie House, 24974 W. Miller Rd., Barrington, IL 60010
- Resilient Cape Cod Rehab, 61 Meadowview Rd., Northfield, IL 60093
- Sauganash Tudor, 6040 N. Kirkwood Ave., Chicago, IL 60646
Bonus Stops (Visit these stops during their regular business hours):
- Evanston ReBuilding Warehouse, 2101 Dempster Street, Evanston, IL 60201 (Closed on Sunday)
- The Rebuilding Exchange, 1740 W. Webster Ave, Chicago, IL 60614
- ReUse Depot, 50 Madison St, Maywood, IL 60153
Driving/Parking Notes and Special Opportunity:
- Eco Farmhouse Parking Notes: Drive down Fairhaven, house is at dead end. (If someone is unable to walk, they should get dropped off). Pull through the garage and drive all the way through the private driveway, you cannot park anywhere on the private driveway. At the end when you get to Elmore St., either turn left or right to park on Elmore St. Then, you can walk back on the private driveway to arrive at the home. On Elmore St., there are construction signs that say “no parking” however, the home has gotten permission for attendees to park there during the tour weekend. Please ignore the construction signs and park on Elmore St.
- Casa Sol Levita Driving Notes: Taking US 41 South, make a left (east) on 133rd St and follow the road around the lake to Morse St. past the Lighthouse Restaurant to 149th Ave. Turn left (east) onto 149th and drive 1.5 blocks to 6621 W. 149th Ave. Look for brightly colored flags as there is no marked address at the end of driveway. Go down the long driveway and park in front of garage. Call for directions (219) 712-5825.
- Wildwood Passive Power Model Special Opportunity: Stop by this home on Saturday, August 3rd 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM for some Farm-Raised Bison Burgers (raised locally at a farm in Marengo)!
- Illinois Green Alliance Energy Efficiency Ambassadors will be on site in many of the homes. Learn more about what you can do at your own home to manage energy and find savings.
- Social Media: During the tour tag Illinois Green Alliance and GreenBuilt Home Tour on social media via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and use the hashtag #GBHT2019. Please share your photos, selfies and what you’ve learned!
- Feedback: After the tour we will be sending out a survey – we’d love your feedback! Make note of what you like best and what you’d like to see in the future.
Thank you again and enjoy your weekend learning about these awesome green homes in the Chicago region, plus one in NW Indiana!